Wontons Butter Chicken Served with Tamarind Chutney Dipping
by Rami Bazlamit on Jun 18, 2022
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• ¼ kg chicken breasts, skinless, boneless,
cut into small cubes
• 1/3 cup caramelized onions
• 3 tbsp Simmer Sauce Butter Chicken MF
• 2 tbsp yogurt
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
• Spring Roll Wrappers
• Flour paste (water + flour)
FOR TAMARIND CHUTNEY DIPPING
• 2 tbsp jaggery (Indian coarse dark brown sugar)
• ¼ tsp Ginger Paste MF
• 3 tbsp Tamarind Paste MF
1. Place the coconut oil in a large skillet over a high heat.
2. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
3. Add the caramelized onions, Simmer Sauce Butter Chicken and yogurt and stir.
4. Add the coriander and give it a good stir to combine. Remove the stuffing mixture from heat and allow to cool completely.
5. Using one wrapper at a time, fill with the chicken stuffing mixture then fold and pinch the edges. Seal tight and secure with the flour paste.
6. Refrigerate the chicken bundles for 1 - 2 hours until set.
7. Fry the wontons in hot deep oil until golden brown and crisp.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients of Tamarind Chutney until uniformly combined.
9. Serve the Chicken Wontons with the Tamarind Chutney for dipping.